Friday, February 25, 2011

Another great Fennel recipe....Steak and Fennel sandwiches

Since I have talked to a few people who are wondering about some other recipes for Fennel I thought I would upload another...super easy recipe for Steak and Fennel sandwiches.

Ingredients: Fennel, Steak (whatever cut you like..I usually buy a cheaper cut since it will be in small strips), tomatoes, course ground mustard and mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and ciabatta bread.

Buy enough steak for however many you are serving.

Slice thinly (I have found that keeping it cold or freezing it for about 15 minutes helps me to slice it more easily.

Slice the fennel into thin strips

In a pan add olive oil and when hot add the meat and the fennel.  Both can go in at the same time.

Add spices to taste.  I use garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.

Cook until fennel is soft and meat is cooked the way that you like.

Meanwhile, slice a loaf of ciabatta bread (then long and thin loaf works best) and toast slightly in oven or toaster.  Mix course ground mustard and a bit of mayo together and spread on the bread.  Add sliced tomatoes and the fennel and steak.

This is super easy and takes about 10 minutes to make.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment