Sunday, February 12, 2012

La Jolla Farmer's Market

Today was an amazing day at the Farmer's Market.  It was the first time, in a long time that my husband and I were able to go all alone, (without children) and really take in all the new and amazing vendors.

I couldn't believe how much the market has grown over the last year.  It seems to me that so many people are trying to get back to the basics of life.  They want to take in the sights and tastes of the world around them and truly go local. 

As part of this blog each week I am going to post something about a local company that has made its way into my heart.  Today that company is Pacific Beach Peanut Butter

Pacific Beach Peanut Butter.......what can I say?  Today was the first day that I have seen them at the La Jolla Farmer's Market.  They switch off and are at this location, I believe every other week.  They are also at the Little Italy Market.  They offer a wide assortment of amazing peanut butters that can only be described as a party in my mouth.  Today I was able to sample the Toffee peanut butter and CinnaYum. 

The Toffee is one of the best sellers and brings up images of eating a Heath Bar dipped in peanut butter....so good.  The other that I tried was CinnaYum (hopefully I spelled that right?).  This was not only a fantastic treat that I could see devouring in one sitting, it has great potential for so many many people.  CinnaYum has 0 grams of sugar and I believe only 3 carbs......Definitely need to tell some people about this since it could be a great treat for those who are diabetic or watching their sugar intake. 

The other great thing about this company is that they package in glass jars, yes you read that right...real glass, and if you bring back the empty jar you get a discount off your next purchase.  They use all natural ingredients and have a down home attitude that makes you want to support them. 

With so many flavors to try I have a feeling that this may be a purchase that I will have to make weekly.  Today I bought the CinnaYum, Dark Chocolate and Child's Play (which has M&M's in it).  Next time I will be picking up the Chocolate Raspberry which in the company's brilliance is designed to take the place of jam...sort of like a 2 in 1.  Talk about a time saver for snacks. 

Pacific Beach Peanut Butter can be found at www.WannaSpoon.com  I encourage you to check it out, grab a spoon and get ready to say "MMMMMMMmmmmm".

No comments:

Post a Comment