Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year.  I know that the new year really began yesterday but for me, it will never begin until the Rose Parade steps off.  I marched in that parade 19 years ago and my high school band marched in it today.  It was such a great feeling watching that band as it went down the parade route in its regal style.

I hope that this year I can share some ideas and thoughts that will make life simple while bringing the family back to basics.  My goal is to share 150 recipes this year.....hope you will be keeping track. :)

Today I start with giving you a recipe for the easiest ham and egg cup ever.  They can be modified to fit whatever flavor you are looking for.


Ham and Egg Cups

Ham slices - (I use Black Forest Ham from the deli, you need to have enough to use 2 slices per cup you would like to make)
Cheese
Eggs
Salt and pepper
Melted butter (about 2 tablespoons)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Take one Muffin Tin and butter the bottom and sides of each cup you will be using

Use 2 slices per cup and put them in the cup crisscrossed so each area is covered (this can be a bit easier if the ham is not straight from the fridge or microwaved for a few seconds.

Put a bit of cheese in the bottom of each cup

Crack an egg into each cup and top with a bit of salt and pepper (I am not the best at egg cracking so I crack them in a bowl and gently move them to the ham cup)

Bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes or until set to your liking.

This can be modified -

If you like your eggs scrambled you can mix them up before putting them in the cups.

For a southwestern flavor...use mexican cheese on the bottom and use diced green chiles in the scrambled eggs.

It is all up to you.  This recipe can also be frozen once made.  Just microwave them for about a minute when reheating.

Hope you enjoy this recipe.....see you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment